Saturday, July 11, 2020

Daily Ramblings Part II

Right now my ego has a strangle hold on my serenity. For some reason it knows best. Just ask it. My heart keeps saying, "Be patient. Things are always better than you believe them to be. Forcing things to go your way only gets you into trouble." Wise heart. I need to listen to her more.

I'm at a crossroads so to speak. Not having control over the outcome of these choices is turning my sacral chakra into a whirling dervish. I really dislike this feeling. Yet again, I'm judging my body's reaction to this stress as something bad. Maybe I can look at this differently.

Signals in the body that are uncomfortable are warning signs that something is out of whack. When worry becomes the forerunner of my thoughts, this is a sign that I need to back off. Years ago, I heard a saying by Glenn Turner that has stuck with me ever since: "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere." 

I'm writing this today to give myself something constructive to do. I need to give these worrying thoughts a place to express themselves so they can settle and move on. And does it really matter what the worrying thoughts are about? Am I better off ignoring them? 

At some point today, my ego and I are going to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting. Ego is a trickster, so I will have to be even trickier. No doubt it's already planning on how to have its way. But if I proceed with a gentle approach filled with love, compassion, and a willingness to listen, we might just come to an understanding where both of us win. 

No comments: