Thursday, July 16, 2020

Daily Ramblings Part III

My house is getting cleaner by the day. Today I cleaned out our mug/junk cabinet and showed my oldest son and he said, "Looks the same." Let me grab a wall...
I also cleaned the top of the fridge. Be honest, when was the last time you did that? Seems like it's been a few months for me...had to dust it before I wiped it. Boy my days are so entertaining!

About three more weeks left of summer break with little direction on how this school year will go. I've noticed the surge of posts on Facebook regarding the reopening of schools. Administration, the state, the teachers, and the staff all have differing points of view which is creating a lot of stress not only among the teaching community, but among families with little kids that need to get back to work. A hybrid approach may not be best for them. But what is best for all of us? I wish I had an answer. This not knowing is causing me quite a bit of stress. The admin in my husband's district meet only via Zoom, but expect students will be back in the fall.
?
?
?
One thing I have been doing the past couple of days that I haven't done in months is listen to my favorite music. I prefer quiet most of the time, but I needed motivation yesterday to clean (see a pattern here?) and got the house dusted in under an hour. Dang, that helped. So I did that again today and noticed my mood much improved. Most people (at least those I know) need music like they need air. I'm not one of those, but in small amounts, it really does lift my spirits.

I need a vacation from this summer break. Going back to work looks good. Maybe then I'll slow down on the cleaning.


No comments: