Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yoga and Gardening

This is one of my favorite times of year when the flowers are in full bloom and my garden takes off. My meditative time increases during days. You see I love to garden! It takes a lot of effort on my part not to spend hours upon hours at a time in the garden. My back and shoulders have a limit for sure, and right now, they are saying slow down!

This is where my yoga practice really kicks into high gear. Not only do I do my morning yoga before work, but I'm doing it at work. It doesn't have to take long to take a yoga break during work. Here's a helpful site that shows you how this can be done easily: http://www.yogaglo.com/video-Category-10-Yoga-At-Work.html

I also like to do yoga when I garden. When I'm stretching to till the soil and pull the weeds, I need to make sure my core muscles are engaged so that my back is protected. I also make sure I use the proper gardening tools to loosen the dirt and weeds so that I'm using minimal effort.

And if I do too much in the garden, I practice my Tips for Dealing with Chronic Pain to ease muscle tension and soreness. Enjoy the beautiful weather and stay healthy!

No comments: