1/4 cup honey or molasses (I prefer the molasses)
- Using a standing mixer with whisk attachment, at a medium/low setting beat the starter with water, eggs, oil, vinegar, and yeast.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 2 min. Add salt beat 1 more min.
- Put in bread machine pan and hit start.
- A half hour before the bread is done, preheat the oven to 375º. Put a pan on the lowest shelf of the oven.
- When the bread is done, immediately remove the bread and place in the preheated oven directly on the rack.
- Add a handful of ice cubes or a cup of cold water to the tray and bake for 15 minutes. This will give the bread a firm, heady crust.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few hours on a cooling wrack.
- Once cooled, use a bread knife to cut loaf. Separate each piece with a square of wax paper. Store in freezer. Your bread will last longer this way, and it really tastes best warm or toasted.