Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gratitude with a Capital G

My hubby, Jeff Whelan, got it right when he spoke about Gratitude in his blog post. There is so much in our lives that we really need to stop and take notice of such as the big three: a roof over our heads, food on the table, clothes on our backs, but there are more profound things that need so much nurturing, that we sometimes forget about them in our busy lives: LOVE for our families, friends, co-workers (yes, co-workers) especially those who try our patience at every turn; RELAXATION is not to be overlooked, and I'm not referring to plopping oneself in front of the TV to zone out for an hour or so. I am referring to silence, meditation, and glancing quietly inward to regain our footing; FUN is something we rarely afford ourselves since we are so busy. For example, just today we all went out to the pool and had a wonderful time. My two boys were off playing and Jeff and I were able to talk! Imagine that! Well, that didn't last long, and our two boys came over and started carrying us through the water. I haven't had someone carry me in the water in years! It was wonderful. I am so pleased that I took the chance to observe and relish this joyful moment.

There are so many other things, people, places in our lives that need our gratitude. When we offer up gratitude, huge amounts of abundance comes our way. Enjoy the ride that is our lives! Namaste.

No comments: