Thursday, October 6, 2011

Energy Blocks

Every time I listen to Krista Tippet's interview with Seane Corn, I either hear something new or get a deeper understanding of Seane's message.

One thing that really surprised me the first time I heard the interview was that Seane believes (as do many others) that we are addicted to our tension. What?! I couldn't believe that the first time I heard it, because my tension has always been an annoyance and has cost me lots of money to learn to relax!

However, after my 1st Svaroopa yoga session, I experienced deep sadness the day after. I started to understand what Sean was trying to say. The tension I had had a purpose: it held in my emotions, or kept my emotions so hidden from my conscious mind that I didn't have to deal with them.

By relaxing my muscles and letting go of the tension, I was able to witness what that tension had held in. From my limited understanding at this point, tension is sometimes easier to deal with than the raw emotions that surface unexpectedly.

After I was able to recognize that, I was able to release the sadness and continue to be mindful of what my tension is trying to hide. I'll do my best not to be afraid to confront my emotions and be more gentle with myself.

No comments: