Thursday, September 22, 2011

Growing Pains

Why is it hindsight is 20/20? Why can't I see what's in front of me when I'm plugging along day-after-day? Twice today I've run across sayings that hit me right between the eyes. It's as if Spirit had to post it to my forehead just so's I'd get it! The one quote was at a school: You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.-- Les Brown
The second was from the Seane Corn interview I mentioned earlier in this blog. Krista Tippett asked her about change and how the mindbody has to deal with sadness, grief, anger, etc...when your body opens in yoga, ie: muscles, bones, mind, spirit

I've been struggling with pain again these past two weeks. I tend to fight it, deny it, rationalize it, then, when all else fails, medicate it. Also during this time period, my husband and I have been doing side jobs for a friend. It's a lot of physical labor and the pay is good. I have been changing in many positive ways and it's no wonder I'm having difficulty. Change, good or bad, has effects on the body.

I guess this was a mini wake-up call to be gentle with myself and embrace all the positive changes--especially when they manifest in my mindbody.

No comments: