Sunday, September 25, 2011

Reading Yoga Bitch

I am in the middle of reading Yoga Bitch. I really enjoy how open and uninhibited Suzanne Morrison is when describing her life at a yoga retreat/teacher training in Bali, Indonesia. I realize I have a lot to explore in myself that I may ignore.

It makes me laugh when she writes about feeling superior (not in those words) to a classmate. I am laughing because I can identify with that. How many times have I looked at someone and their situation and felt just a bit superior because I am ENLIGHTENED! Whoa, talk about getting a dose of reality.

For example, before I had kids, I would comment on the way parents would raise their kids and say, "I would NEVER allow my kids to do that." All I have to say is be careful what you judge, because it will come back and bite you in the ass ten times over.

So my goal, at least for today, is to see everyone as an equal no matter where they are in their own journey. No part of anyone's journey is pointless or useless. It may just not be part of my journey. Thank you Suzanne Morrison! Namaste

No comments: