Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Putting My Faith in Others

For the past few years, I have given over my health and well-being to doctors, chiropractors, and any new age therapy that can heal my chronic back pain.

In June, I had an experience that really made me see things clearly, I believe, for the first time. I was at my chiropractors office getting cupping, acupuncture, and adjustments. For a few months, this chiropractor sold me on the idea that if I bought all of these homeopathic herbs from him, I'd be just about healed. I did start to feel better, and I told him I wanted to wean off of them (as he told me that I could do). He started telling me that I was looking at this all wrong! That if I just continued, I'd be just about healed. I told him, no, I was feeling better and I was going off of them. He stood up and stormed out of the office, leaving his assistant with me. He didn't return, and neither did I.

I feel better than I have felt in a long time. I am eating healthy (as I've done for most of my life), do my daily yoga practice, talk with friends, see my therapist, and I have to tell you this: I decided what was best for me. I have to buy into my own plan of healing that is right for me. Spending $75 weekly on appointment and herbs was killing my serenity and my pocket book.

My body knows what it needs, and if I just listen quietly, it will always tell me.

1 comment:

Kathy Tierney said...

You are absolutely right! A woman needs to trust her intuition, her insights and listen to her body!