Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Revised Sankulpa

I’m still in the process of reading The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom, by Rod Stryker. Last night when I was doing the revising of my Sankulpa (thought, intention, or will directed toward a specific outcome), I decided, quite effortlessly in fact, that every time my kids don’t respond to my first request to do something, I will not snap at them. Instead I will repeat my Sankulpa “I will witness, with gratitude, my current situation.” This will hopefully open space in my mind to allow me to relax rather than to snap at them; and to give them the time needed to process my request and move forward.

I cannot recommend enough reading his book AND going through the exercises. They do take time and commitment, but they are certainly worth it!

2 comments:

Bob Weisenberg said...

Hope you'll join our virtual book club on The Four Desires on Elephant Journal: http://bit.ly/twnqfl

Bob W., Editor

Amy Whelan said...

You bet I will. I'll also post your link on Twitter and FB!