Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Acceptance

I decided this morning that I would blog about acceptance when I was doing my yoga practice. I found myself feeling more tired this morning than in the past few days which made my yoga practice even more challenging.

I wanted to just run through the motions because my heart wasn't in it today. During a plank pose I found that I was tiring much more than I usually do. The word that popped into my head was acceptance (see plank pose at www.yogajournal.com/poses/470).

It was just a gentle reminder to me that no matter how I'm feeling, I can recognize it, acknowledge what I'm feeling, accept it, then move on. The rest of my practice this morning went easier for me. Although I was still tired, I convinced myself that I was still doing my yoga (albeit not even close to perfect) and accepting where my mind, body, and spirit were at that particular moment.

I will do my best to make acceptance a part of my day today and be easier with myself than I usually am.

No comments: