Monday, August 22, 2011

Grace

This morning as I was doing my yoga practice, the word "Grace" kept popping into my head. This is something that I've been trying to practice intensely for a few days now.

Today is my first day back to school (kids don't come until Wednesday) and with so much to do, I don't know where to begin. This is where I can practice grace.

I may not do everything exactly as I feel it should be done, or as effortlessly as I'd like, but I can do it with grace. Each interaction and action I am involved with today, I can keep my ego at bay and practice grace.

For me, grace in action looks like treating every person I meet with respect and honoring his/her individuality without judgement. Grace also means to me, that when I slip up and my ego decides to get its due, I can back up and proceed with grace. This means that I am respecting myself and honoring my own individuality and gently putting my ego aside. This can be very difficult. I pray that I can be full of grace just for today...

No comments: