Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Balance in Yoga, in Life

I have recently begun incorporating balance postures into my yoga practice . I have found that my muscles have responded beautifully. The muscles in my body have worked together to create muscle memory so that the postures become easier each time I practice yoga.

This has helped me become more aware that I need to incorporate balance into my life as well. For every action there is a reaction.

I had an uncomfortable experience last week involving work. The action that occurred made me feel vulnerable and vengeful. Knowing that if I acted on getting even, I would only hurt myself, and possibly hurt my good reputation that I have at work. However, I began to look at the feeling of being vulnerable. This to me was the universe speaking--asking me to experience this vulnerability and learn from it.

Thankfully, I responded gracefully and actually got an unprompted apology from my boss. Had I not responded in such a way, I could have tipped the balance against my favor. Just because I feel a certain way, doesn't mean I have to act on it.

I do not always get interactions with people right. I just pray for the guidance to be able to recognize my part in any interaction so that I can choose to respond in a healthy, balanced way.

No comments: