Monday, August 8, 2011

Keeping the Faith

It seems twice a month when I sit down to pay my bills, my heart sinks, I become anxious, and pray for a tiny miracle. Somehow I manage to pay all the bills, even if it's just the minimum payment. I then breathe a sigh of relief and hope that the next time I sit down to pay the bills, I'll be a bit more relaxed...nope...it's just a pipe dream.

I'm sitting here dreading next Monday when I have to pull an extra couple hundred out of the air to make sure all the credit card companies are happy.

Of course, these times are the perfect opportunity for me to put my faith in the knowledge, that by the grace of God, we make it every month--even if it's just squeaking by. I need to remember to breathe and center myself before I even attempt to sit down and pay the bills. But it's at times like these that I think of that AFTER I've sat down.

So here's my challenge from now until Monday: I am going to take some quiet time using yoga breathing or pranayama. Here is an article for Yoga Journal that I need to reread to refresh my memory: http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/673

I'll see if this helps me after the 15th!

No comments: