Thursday, June 7, 2012

4th Day of Gluten-Free

OK, I'm going to track these changes so I can see where I've come from. First off, it's quite a challenge finding staple items that are gluten free. For example, I use cream soups in some of my recipes--they contain wheat! Some meats contain wheat (what?!) So being a bit discouraged is probably part of the package. But what I do notice is that I'm not bloated any more--honestly, I didn't realize how much I was bloated before until now. I also don't crave foods the way I did before. Hmmmm.....makes me wonder if gluten is like a drug that you can't get enough of.  But here's something that happening that I'm not sure about and I don't like:  I'm angry! Is it because I feel forced into this or am I not getting the "gluten" fix that my body has depended on.

So I'm asking those of you who eat gluten free if this has happened to you? I'm a bit concerned. So I will see how this plays out. (Maybe this is all part of the grieving. I'm not sure...)


Enjoy your weekend, All! Namaste.

No comments: