Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yoga and Housework

It seems since summer vacation is here, my yoga practice has changed a bit. OK, let's be honest--a lot! I now have more time in the morning to settle in with  my cup of coffee and read a chapter or two of a good book, then start my day. (OK, here's where I should tell you that this is not my day EVERY day, but one can dream, right?!)

So tonight, while Jeff, hubbie, and youngest son were off to karate class, my oldest and I were like two white tornadoes and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Not only did it get clean, we had fun. This is where my yoga practice really kicked in for me: I became mindful of what muscles I was using when dusting, stretching to reach the not-so-easy-to-reach spaces, and focusing all my attention to the project at hand. AND because I was having fun with my son, time went by so quickly. I have to tell you, I feel really great. Mindfulness is such a wonderful gift I've received from yoga. Namaste!

P.S. Please check out the fabulous review for Jeff's eBook! I was about blown over!
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Orville-ebook/dp/B006JB722S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340250635&sr=8-1&keywords=space+orville

No comments: