Wednesday, June 13, 2012

9 Days Gluten-Free

OK, so I think I'm getting the hang of this. My anger has subsided dramatically and I think I'm starting to feel like I really WANT to eat gluten free foods. Here's the positives I'm noticing right now:

  • I'm not craving sweets or carbs
  • Normal bowel movements (OK, more info than you probably wanted, but hey! 46 years has done a number on my colon!)
  • I'm starting to understand how to cook gluten free, and I'm excited about learning more.
OK, so here are the negatives:
  • I've wasted a lot of money trying to get homemade breads just right--haven't mastered it yet!
  • I have to make different meals from my family at times, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would (we still eat together!)
  • It seems all I can think about is GF diet!
OK, so slowly, I feel I'm getting into a stride. Tomorrow I'm going to make homemade sourdough bread from the dough starter I started about 4 days ago. I hope it turns out OK! Have a beautiful Wednesday! Namaste.

No comments: